top of page

Group

Public·49 members

The Most Romantic Old Love Songs 70's 80's Playlist - The Greatest Love Song Ever REPACK

The best love song to dedicate to a girl is a song that tells her exactly how you feel. If you are dating and ready to take your relationship to the next level, choose a song that talks about getting serious. If you are already married, pick a song that talks about being in love more than ever.

The Most Romantic Old Love Songs 70's 80's Playlist - The Greatest Love Song Ever

A good song for your crush is one that is fun and playful. You want the song to have lyrics that are cute and sweet. You probably want to stay away from songs that talk about being madly in love with someone. Lyrics that go too deep and too fast will probably scare your crush away.

There's a fine distinction between a great love song and a great song about love lost -- so while it's tempting to include classic country heartbreakers like Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You," we didn't. Our true north in deciding which songs would make this list was deciding which songs two lovers would want to listen to while sharing a special moment together. There is certainly some overlap between this list of country love songs and any list of the best wedding songs, but many songs don't make that leap. A few songs are so hot that they'd cause quite a bit of pearl-clutching among elderly aunties, should they be picked for a first dance.

The 1990s were such a perfect decade for fun and romantic love songs. If you were in high school or college in the 90s, some of these hit songs will definitely bring back great memories.

Love songs from the 1980s were cute and romantic. Almost every 80s hit movie had at least one great love song. Here are a few of our favorite sweet love songs from one of the best decades ever:

Spanish is arguably one of the most romantic languages. There are countless of perfect background songs for romantic moments. Whether you are of Spanish ethnicity or not, you can appreciate the impact these songs have. Here is a list of the best Spanish love songs:

This song can make you picture a happily ever after with your partner. The lyrics are full of love, and the mariachi rendition of the song is even more romantic. There are other versions, but this one is pretty exceptional.

If you have lost love at one point in your life, this will be a heart-wrenching song for you. It was number one on Hot Latin Songs for weeks. Romances come to an end, and such songs are relevant when they do.

This love poem talks about hopeless romantics that would do anything for their lovers. Most Spanish love songs accompany the lyrics with a beautiful tone. This track is everything you need when in love.

Chrissy Teigen, you lucky, lucky girl. If you need to know what love is, look no further than this romantic song by her brilliant singer-songwriter husband, John Legend. There's a reason why it's so popular at weddings.

Bruce Springsteen is known for a lot of things, but writing cheesy love songs isn't one of them. Fortunately, the rock icon released this slow, guitar-led tune in 1984, and the world ate it up.

Recorded by celebrated American Tejano singer, Selena Quintanilla, "Dreaming of You" was released on the artist's posthumous crossover album of the same name, and to this day is still highly regarded as one of her biggest hits and one of the most romantic songs of all time.

You can't compile a list of best-ever romantic songs and not include a hit from Motown's finest, the Temptations. Released in 1965, "My Girl" is one of those romantic songs that will melt your heart and bring you to your feet simultaneously.

Warning: If you've never heard this song by Peter Gabriel before, it'll likely bring you to tears. Between the artist's raw vocals and lyrics like, "I love it when you sing to me, and you can sing me anything," you're bound to feel things. (Just don't text your ex!)

The early '00s brought us a lot of memorable romantic songs, but one of the biggest gems was quite possibly this hit from American rock band, Train. The song was hardly a romantic one-off for the group (remember "Marry Me"?), but it certainly stands to be one of the most memorable. (Or at least the most-requested at karaoke.)

This contemporary love song from Beyoncé wasn't the singer's first romantic rodeo. (See: "Love On Top" or "Smash Into You" for reference.) But this song feels somehow different from the artist's love songs of years past. Perhaps it's the singer's raw vocals and stylistically unfiltered approach that make this hit feel special. Regardless, it's an honest romantic delivery from the singer that can't be overlooked.

Weddings are all about "love". They are meant to be the absolute best day of your life. If this post you are about to read over is the first one you've seen on my website, please do look over the rest of my blog, as it's one of the highest ranking wedding DJ blogs on Google. I recently got an inquiry for a 40th birthday (80s) themed party. While my focus is mostly weddings, I'm not going to ever shy away from celebrating the best decade of music. The inspiration for today's playlist came from the popularity of a 90s Love Song playlist I put together last year. That post still is popular for modern brides and grooms who are in the beginning stages of putting together the music for their wedding. 80s Music is one of my strongest music genres as it pertains to experience and knowledge. I've put together numerous posts about various types of 80s music, most of which are some of my highest traffic posts ever. People still love 80s Music, and that love does not appear to be dying anytime soon. One of the focal points of 80s Music that I seem to have neglected through out the course of my blog are 80s Love Songs. You'll want to read on for insight on some of the most beautiful 80s love songs that you might consider adding to your wedding playlist.

The 80s came with it some of the best music ever, and one thing that was in plentiful supply were love songs. You might remember one of my more popular posts about 80s and 90s Power Ballads, as well as some of the Best 80s Soft Rock Songs Volume 1. The content was so popular in those posts that I had to create a Volume 2 of some of the Best Soft Rock Songs Of The 80s. The posts that I've mentioned here that you are free to click over and check out right now are some of the most popular on my blog. Knowing how popular the 80s still are in 2021, the decision was easy to put together a playlist of love songs from the 80s. I cannot tell you how thankful I am to have grown up back in the 80s to experience all the songs you'll see on this post released to the radio. And I also might add that a lot of my wedding clients in their 20s (who were not born in the 80s) still put a lot of this music on their playlists.

"Have I Told You Lately" Van MorrisonAs a professional wedding DJ, I'm not afraid to tell you that I get choked up at weddings when I hear certain songs. Especially when one of the greatest love songs ever written comes from my speakers. The song was released in 1989 as the first single from the album Avalon Sunset and would peak at #12 on the AC chart.

"Baby I Love Your Way" / Freebird Will To PowerYou know Peter Frampton is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. While I certainly appreciate his version of this song, I really love the more romantic vibe given off by the cover recorded by Will To Power. Will To Power would take this song (which also featured parts of Lynyrd Skynrd's Freebird) to Number 1 in 1989.

"Stuck With You" Huey Lewis & The NewsSongs don't have to be ballads to be love songs. I placed this song on this list of love songs because it's fun and romantic. You'll want to check out the video to see what I am talking about. "Stuck With You" was in the summer of 1986 and would peak at #1 on the Hot 100 and AC charts. For more of the Best Songs From 1986 For Your Wedding Playlist,

"Right Here Waiting" Richard MarxThere could not possibly be a list of love songs from the 80s without Richard Marx on it. He's one of my heroes from the 80s. "Right Here Waiting" was the second song to be released from the album Repeat Offender in the summer of 1989. "Right Here Waiting" would become a signature song of Richard Marx, reaching #1 on the Hot 100 chart.

"Hello" Lionel Richie"Hello" was released the day before Valentine's Day in 1984, just in time for romantic interludes between couples. The song can be found on the album Can't Slow Down, and can also be added to the long list of love songs recorded by this iconic singer. It should be no surprise that the song would reach #1 on the Hot 100 and AC chart.

"Can You Stand The Rain" New EditionReleased at the end of 1988, New Edition would top the R&B charts for the 4th time. Engaged couples who are happy in their relationship should take a listen to the lyrics in this song."Sign Your Name" Sananda MaitreyaToday Terrence Trent Darby is now called Sananda Maitreya. But back in 1987 and 1988, he'd be all over the radio with songs like "Wishing Well", and this slow love song. "Sign Your Name" would peak at #2 on the Hot 100 and the Hot Black singles chart."Suddenly" Billy Ocean"Suddenly" was featured on Billy Ocean's self titled album, which was released in 1984. "Suddenly" was the third single to be released off the album and would peak at #4 on the Hot 100 chart. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members